In about two weeks, I will be formally retiring from nursing after 25 years. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this event. At first, I was worried about money and what I would do with all my time. Now, I am ready to embrace being poor and being able to call my time my own.
One of the first things I plan to do is redo this blog and get it back up and running. I love blogging as well as reading blogs, so this is a no-brainer. I am going to change up the format a bit, but nothing too drastic. I plan to blog 5 times a week, Monday through Friday with each day being devoted to a specific theme. I think that will make blogging easier and more fun as well as make it easier to follow for my readers.
So here is the plan, which I hope to have in place by July 20th:
- Monday–I will feature my artwork from the weekend as well as other artists I admire on the internet.
- Tuesday–I plan to scour Pinterest for crafts/recipes to make and post pictures and descriptions of how I complete each one. Sometimes, Pinterest items do not quite turn out as planned, so I hope to share that and any fixes I devise.
- Wednesday–I plan to focus on health issues and/or beauty tips. I want to learn to make soap and lotions, so here is where I can talk about my adventures. As a nurse, of course I will continue to educate and discuss health issues.
- Thursday–I will talk about my blogging experiences. I will scour the internet for tips and tools and here is where I will share my new knowledge with you.
- Friday–I will focus on rescue animals/shelter animals. I want to get a DSL camera before I retire so I can go to my local shelter and take pictures of some of the wonderful animals there in need of new forever homes. I will get history from the shelter about each animal to help you decide if you have room for another pet.
That’s it! Shouldn’t be too difficult to do since I love typing and talking! I figure I will just set up a schedule for myself to make blogging be my new job. Hopefully, I will be able to fill my time with crafts, artwork, issues, blogging and rescue animals.
I may even once again delve into internet marketing, but I don’t think I will do any of this any time soon. Although there is a company that I am interested in, I am still in the investigational stage so I will be quiet about that for now.
There are several topics of interest that I left off my list, but they may occassionally make it to the blog. If that is the case, I will blog about them on the weekend so as not to change my M-F schedule. I hope some of you will follow me again. I know that I was gone for a long time, but with health issues and family issues as well as work issues, I could not keep up with the blog.
Please feel free to comment and ask me questions or share your story. I hope to have many interesting conversations here on this blog and am looking forward to meeting many new friends.
I am also going to set up a facebook page for this blog, so you can join me there once I get that up!!