I have been watching so many Halloween decorating videos that I got inspired to try my hand at making my own version of a Halloween wreath. So, first I went off to my favorite Dollar Tree to find all the fixin’s.
Next I had to think about exactly what I wanted to do with all this glorious stuff. The wreath base is considerably smaller than I would have wanted, but it will have to do because I am not going to Michael’s to spend all my money! After watching a particular video, I decided how I wanted mine to look.
- So I started by gluing the hanging ribbon on both sides of the base.
- Once that was done to my standards, I started by gluing one end of the garland to the base and then wrapping it around and around and around until it was covered. (It took one and a half garlands to do this step)
- Next, I glued black and purple roses to the top of my skull.
- Then I glued the skull in place, being careful that I can still turn it on and off by hand.
- I finished by gluing one of the skeletons from the garland onto the side; I glued a black bat and lots of ugly spiders everywhere!
So, what do you think? I think it turned out quite nicely. Now I just have to remember to turn that skull on and off! All in all, I had a great time making a Halloween wreath.
Here’s the video I watched to get inspired: